Since 2014, The Coalition on Right to Information (CRTI) has been successfully conducting Annual RTI Champions Award to protect and promote citizens’ Right to Information held by public bodies. The award ceremony is executed every year on the International Day for Access to Information on September 28th. The International Day for Access to Information is celebrated worldwide to raise awareness about People’s Right to Access Information while promoting Freedom of Information as essential to democracy, good governance and sustainable development.
RTI Champions Award will be given in the following three categories:
- Journalist and
- Public Information Officer (PIO)
who persistently use any of the following laws to have access to information held by public bodies and Public Information Officer (PIO), who devotedly serving the cause of bringing transparency and accountability.
- The Right of Access to Information Act, 2017
- The Balochistan Right to Information Act, 2021
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Right to Information Act, 2013
- The Punjab Transparency and Right to Information Act, 2013
- The Sindh Transparency and Right to Information Act, 2016
Categories and Evaluation Criteria:
One Annual RTI Champion Award will be given to a citizen under the following evaluation criteria:
- Consistently filing of information requests to public bodies/government departments by using RTI laws
- Persistent use RTI Laws to attain basic rights or for holding public bodies accountable follows all procedures of complaint etc. under the RTI laws
- Public impact of disclosing information
One Annual RTI Champion Award will be given to a journalist under the following evaluation criteria:
- Frequent use of RTI laws for investigative journalism, access to information being the focus of the story
- Is the subject of the story/report/publication of particular public importance?
- Has the RTI laws been used for the unveiling or confirmation of any facts?
- Professional quality
- Impact of the story/report/publication
Public Information Officer (PIO) Category:
One Annual RTI Champion Award will be given to a Public Information Officer (PIO) devotedly serving the cause of bringing transparency, accountability & implementation of relevant Right to Information Law.
PIO under following evaluation criteria:
- Received a maximum number of information requests under the relevant Right to Information law
- Respond a maximum number of information request under the relevant Right to Information law within the stipulated time period
- Any other efforts made by the PIO in maximum flow of information and implementation on Right to Information law.
Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, September 16, 2021.
Send your filled nomination forms to: email@example.com